At Mission Secondary, counsellors are available to assist students and parents in matters that may be of concern to them. This includes course planning, career counselling, life-style exploration and personal counselling. The school counsellor is a professional in the fields of education and counselling. As an integral part of the school staff, the counsellor provides students with services which:
- Directly support and complement the work of the classroom teacher
- Contribute to the personal development of students
- Help to foster a recognition of individual value within the collective school community
Counsellors are assigned to students last name:
Career Education Facilitator
At Mission Secondary School, the Career Education Facilitator, Mike Miller, oversees the Work Experience Program and placements. Contact Mr. Miller by email email@example.com.
The school Career Advisor is located in the Student Services office on the 1st Floor (aka Counselling Centre). The Career Advisor offers students a wide range of career and employment transition services including, but not limited to:
- personalized career exploration and decision making
- assistance with job/community service interests
- resume/cover letter writing and interview skills
- post-secondary school information and planning
- assistance with myBlueprint and Career Ed studies
Students may drop in or they can make an appointment with the Career Advisor if they wish to explore post-secondary or career opportunities on a more personal level...Students may be introduced to My Blueprint at any time in their studies at MSS. Individual assistance is available for any Career Education class topics. Parents are also welcome to make an appointment to meet with the Career Advisor as well by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Care Worker