Commencement will be held on June 25, 2022 at the Mission Raceway. The event will start at 9:00 am.
Further details to follow.
- Families can come to Mission Secondary to sign up for their Grad Commencement time slots. The sign up will occur at the main office, window #4. Students may choose to select a time where they are with their friends
- All fees should be paid online as well as their grad fee.
- Allowing students to pick up their grad gown and cap early allows for families to get pictures done with extended families and the cap and gown is theirs to keep.
June 25 order of events
1. 9:00am Opening ceremonies streamed live for families to watch virtually
2. 9:30am first 75 cars to arrive for crossing the stage (only one car per Graduate. Additional visitors, please follow parking signs)
3. Students will get out of car walk the red carpet and come onto the stage (see image)
4. They will have their picture taken with Mr. Pearce and he will pronounce them as a grad of 2022
5. Parents will be able take pictures and sit or stand to watch their Graduate cross the stage
6. Student will exit stage and pick up their folder, yearbook and scholarship (if awarded one).
7. This process will occur on the hour. Each student should be registered for a time slot PRIOR to the day
8. Mission Secondary staff will be on site moving people and directing people to designated areas
9. Students are encouraged to be in their grad cap and gown.
To respect our province's physical distancing guidelines, parents and students will be expected to leave the parking lot directly following their graduation photo. Mission staff will be monitoring parking lots to ensure groups are not congregating, holding up the schedule and preventing the next group of graduates and their family representatives from arriving on time.
Live Streaming, Photography and Graduation Celebration Video
The entire event will be live-streamed on June 25 so you may watch your peers as well as have your family celebrate from home as you cross the stage. The live streamed video will be available online for a couple of weeks after the event.
If you wish to live stream the Commencement Ceremony on your computer or mobile device, please follow this link:
As you might imagine, there will be a lot to coordinate to make this event a success. We have a team of teachers, support staff and administrators who will be working to put this together.
An important reminder that all Grade 12 students must be in a position to graduate to take part in the event. We are working with our Counselling staff and administration to ensure that students are notified, and a plan is in place to support students for a strong end to the school year.
Outstanding fees for student activities, lost library books, textbooks, and uniforms need to be paid. The $60.00 graduation fee will cover the cost for the diploma, photographer, live streaming, grad cap & gown, security for parking, rental of the raceway and other grad expenses.
Over the next week or so, please look for communication from the school for further details about the graduation ceremony.
Some of the “to do" items for graduates will include:
- Ensuring you are a graduate in good standing – if you are not sure contact your teachers and your counsellor today
- Paying attention to grad announcements on the website, via school messenger and email
We hope this unique celebration will highlight an exceptional group of graduates and their families.
Please contact us at the school if you have any questions.
Jim Pearce, Principal