Congratulations on being a part of our 2023 graduation ceremony! This ceremony is a celebration of a students journey from kindergarten to grade 12 and we would like to honour all of our graduates on Tuesday, June 27th, 2023. Starting at 11:00 am with opening ceremonies, Commencement will be streamed live so the school community can watch virtually. This unique opportunity for parents/guardians provides a powerful experience for both our graduates and their families to be together in person and mark this significant academic milestone. This event is a complex undertaking that demonstrates our commitment to our graduates to ensure that they are recognized in the best way possible.
2023 Convocation Process
- Starting Monday, June 5th, Students will be able to sign up for their Commencement time slots at Window # 4 in the main office. Students are reminded to please come before school, lunch and after school. Students may choose to select a time where they are with their friends. Time slots available will be 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm.
- Starting on Monday, June 19th, from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, parents/students can come to Mission Secondary to pick up their grad gowns.
- All fees (as well as their grad fee) must be paid in full in person or online before we can give out the grad gowns.
- Allowing students to pick up their grad gown and cap early allows for families to get pictures done with extended families. The cap and gown are theirs to keep.
June 27 order of events
- 11:00 am Opening ceremonies streamed live for families to watch virtually.
- 11:30 am arrival for the first 75 cars of grads is to arrive for crossing the stage at 12:00 pm.
- Parents dropping grads will be directed to park so they can get out their car and take pictures. After all cars have parked, the grads will walk the red carpet, one by one, onto the stage.
- Our photography company will take a picture with Mr. Pearce, and he will pronounce them as a GRAD of 2023.
- Student will exit the other side of the stage and pick up their grad and/or scholarship folder if they were awarded one
- After picking up folder, students will proceed to sitting area for their group to be announced Mission Secondary Graduates of 2023. This process will occur on the hour from the sign-up time the student did prior to the event.
- Mission Secondary staff will be on site moving and directing people and their cars to keep the area in order.
- Students are encouraged to be in their grad gown with cap.
Live Streaming, Photography and Graduation Celebration Video
The entire event will be live streamed on June 27 so you may watch your peers as well as have your family celebrate from home as you cross the stage. The live streamed video will be available online for a couple of weeks after the event.
As you might imagine, there will be a lot to coordinate to make this event a success. We have a team of teachers, support staff and administrators who will be working to put this together.
An important reminder that all Grade 12 students must be in a position to graduate to take part in the event. We are working with our counselling staff and administration to ensure that students are notified, and a plan is in place to support students for a strong end to the school year.
In order to pick up your gown, outstanding fees for student activities, lost library books, textbooks, uniforms, and grad fees need to be paid. The $60.00 graduation fee covers the cost for the diploma, photographer, live streaming, grad cap & gown, security for parking, rental of the raceway and other grad expenses. If you are in need of assistance, please contact Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the “to do" items for graduates will include:
- Ensuring you are a graduate in good standing – if you are unsure, contact your teachers and your counsellor today. See the grad spreadsheet by window #4 to see if you need any requirements.
- Paying attention to grad announcements over the school PA, on the website, via school messenger and email.
We hope this unique celebration will highlight an exceptional group of graduates and their families.
Please contact us at the school if you have any questions.
École Mission Secondary School