ATTN GRADS: The deadline for the District Authority Scholarship is extended to Monday May 11th due to challenges we are facing during the COVID-19 school closure. We have also been awarded a large number of scholarships to give away this year. You do not want to miss this opportunity. For more information visit mssscholarshipinfo.weebly.com
Encouraging, Recognizing and Rewarding Excellence
For any scholarship information, all questions or inquiries, please contact Ms. Evans
Students - Please check out the Scholarship Bulletin Board outside of the Counselling office and follow Ms. Evans on Instagram at mss_scholars.
SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY AWARDS
A number of community groups and businesses in Mission award scholarships to students who are going on to a post-secondary institution, and who meet previously determined criteria. The award criteria varies from benefactor to benefactor. The applications for these awards begin to become available after spring break and once confirmation of funding is processed. Students are encouraged to check the MSS scholarship information page on a regular basis.
Scholarship information is available on the MSS Scholarship information website https://mssscholarshipinfo.weebly.com/ Mrs. Evans portable #4 if you have questions, open drop in hours are Monday/Wednesday/Friday 11:30am – 12:00pm and Thursday 3:00pm – 3:30pm.
MISSION COMMUNITY FOUNDATION - closes March 5th 2020
- The Mission Foundation is a non-profit organization set up and administered by citizens in Mission. Each year the Mission Foundation awards several thousand dollars to high school graduates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community and school involvement as well as, personal qualities. The applications are processed after the closing date and then students will be selected for a scholarship awards panel interview. Application forms available in January of your graduating year from the Foundation's website. Deadline for submitting applications is the first Thursday in March.
DISTRICT AUTHORITY SCHOLARSHIP - opens March 6th and closes May 11, 2020 extended
- The District Authority Scholarship Acknowledges excellence in Indigenous Languages and Culture, (demonstrated at school or in the community), Fine Arts (e.g., Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, Music), Applied Skills (e.g., Business Ed, Technology Ed, Home Economics), Physical Activity (e.g., Athletics, Dance, Gymnastics, not limited to Physical Education), International Languages including AP and IB courses, Community Service (Volunteer Activity), which includes demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness, Technical and Trades Training (e.g., Carpentry, Automotive, Mechanics, Cook Training). The District Scholarships are in the amount of $1250.00
Candidates for District Awards must:
- complete graduation requirements in June of the year of application
- achieve at least a C+ average
- maintain good attendance
- display superior achievement in their field, and
- submit a visual display of achievements.
Follow Ms. Evans on Instagram at mss_scholars for notifications and reminders.
Up to date scholarship information can be found by clicking the link below
MSS Scholarship Info Website
For any scholarship information, all questions or inquiries, please contact Ms. Evans via email or during open office hours.
APPLICATION RELEASE DATES (subject to change)
- Mission Community Foundation
- January (first week back after winter break)
- District Authority Scholarship
- Second week of March (after MCF closes)
- Local business/unions/organizations/PAC
- April 13th, ongoing through to June
PLEASE NOTE: these dates apply only to local scholarships that we facilitate through the school.